Cultural events and activities
Queanbeyan offers a unique blend of country and city living, with both rural and city communities. It is located on the doorstep of the National Capital of Canberra, and as a place to live it provides a variety of opportunities for people to choose a lifestyle that suits their needs.
Queanbeyan is one of the most culturally diverse cities in regional Australia. It is home to the traditional Aboriginal peoples, to successive waves of migrants from the UK and from Europe, and more recent arrivals from Asia and from Africa. This brings a richness and depth of cultural heritage to the community and Queanbeyan has a proud tradition in its heritage and culture. The city has grown into a thriving, vibrant community with a strong arts community.
Queanbeyan-Palerang Regional Council has developed a cultural plan which outlines the major strategies for cultural development in the area in response to the needs identified by residents. Click here for the cultural plan.
Queanbeyan-Palerang Regional Council provides a Cultural Development Officer to develop, facilitate and promote cultural projects and activities in the community.
- Queanbeyan-Palerang Regional Council Art Awards - click here for more details.
- The Cultural Arts Assistance Scheme - Grants are usually available up to an amount of $750, and grants of up to $1,500 are available for larger projects and events that meet the criteria - click here for more details.
- 'The Q' Exhibition Spaces Programme - a changing programme of new exhibitions each month - click here for more details.
- Annual Art Trail - click here for more details.
- Carnivale - the Multicultural Festival - click here for more details.
- Christmas in July Fair - click here for more details.
For more information, contact the Cultural Development Officer on 6285 6170 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.